Course participants frequently refer challenging patients with chronic pain syndromes for evaluation and treatment to the offices of Dr. Jan Dommerholt (Bethesda Physiocare or PhysioFitness). Common medical diagnoses include myofascial pain syndrome, fibromyalgia syndrome, complex regional pain syndrome, craniomandibular pain and dysfunction, chronic low back pain, persistent headaches, etc. Bethesda Physiocare and PhysioFitness offer an integrated evaluation and treatment program, consisting of a comprehensive evaluation completed by Dr. Michelle Layton, Dr. Maria Arini, or Dr. Jan Dommerholt. We may consult with or refer the patient to other healthcare providers such as a neurologist board certification in pain management, a clinical social worker, neurosurgeon, geneticist, or neuro-radiologist.
Following the evaluation process, a detailed written pain management plan will be developed for both the patient and the referring clinician, Patients either return home for therapy, or schedule follow-up visits at our clinics. Referring clinicians have the opportunity to join their patients to Bethesda Physiocare or PhysioFitness to observe the evaluation process, which provides an additional learning opportunity.
In addition to referring patients to Dr. Dommerholt, all faculty of Myopain Seminars are able to provide high-level diagnostic and management services. Neurology and pain management evaluations and treatments are available at:
- Dr. Robert Gerwin in Bethesda, MD (Pain & Rehabilitation Medicine)
- Dr. Tracey Adler in Richmond, VA (Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Inc.)
- Dr. Jennifer Flage Hobson in Chicago, IL (Physical Therapy Renaissance, Ltd.)
- Mr. Michael Karegeannes in Fox Point, WI (Freedom Physical Therapy Services)
- Dr. Johnson McEvoy in Limerick, Ireland (United Physiotherapy Clinic)
- Dr. Rob Stanborough in St. Augustine, FL (First Coast Rehabilitation)
- Mr. Erik Wijtmans in Virginia Beach, VA (The Therapy Network)
- Dr. Amanda (Mandy) Blackmon in Atlanta, GA (Motion Stability PT)
- Dr. Savas Koutsantonis in Atlanta, GA (One-on-One Physical Therapy)
- Dr. Andrew Ball in Charlotte, NC (Carolinas Healthcare System)