The Fascial Manipulation® course program consists of two two-level intensive hands-on courses, combining theoretical lectures, demonstrations, and practice between participants throughout each course day. Fascial Manipulation® are being taught in over 40 countries!
JOIN US FOR A VERY SPECIAL FASCIAL MANIPULATION® COURSE (FM-1a) !
INSTRUCTORS: DR. ANTONIO STECCO, MD, PhD, President of the Fascial Manipulation Association, and LARRY STEINBECK, PT, MS, CMTPT
WHEN: January 27-29, 2017 (FM-1a) / Feb 24-26, 2017 (FM-1b – taught by Larry Steinbeck)
WHERE: Bethesda, MD (Myopain Seminars Headquarters)
REGISTRATION: click here
About Dr. Antonio Stecco, MD, PhD
Dr. Antonio Stecco, son of Luigi Stecco (founder of the Fascial Manipulation® Method), is the President of the Fascial Manipulation Association. Dr. Stecco is a physiatrist and Clinical Instructor at Rusk Rehabilitation at New York University. From 2012-2014, he served as the Assistant-President of the International Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ISPRM) from 2012 to 2014.
Dr. Stecco has devoted his professional life to the scientific study of the fascia from a macroscopically, histologically and physio-pathologically point of view. He personally made over 100 cadaver dissections as part of his research. Starting in 2007, he has organized and taught Fascial Manipulation® courses in all the five continents! He is the author of more than 40 scientific papers about fascia, and co-author of three books and many book chapters published by Elsevier.
About Larry Steinbeck, PT, MS, CMTPT
Larry Steinbeck graduated in 1985 from the physical therapy program at Ball State University with an associated minor in athletic training. He received a Masters of Science degree in physical education/athletic training from Ohio University. Mr. Steinbeck is a physical therapist with the Atlanta Falcons Physical Therapy Centers, a public outpatient physical therapy facility. He received his certification in trigger point dry needling through Myopain Seminars and has completed numerous other post-graduate training ranging from muscle energy technique to thrust technique for the spine. Larry was the first person from North America to complete the Fascial Manipulation Level 1 and Level 2 Diploma courses (twice!) through the Fascial Manipulation Association in Italy.
During the Fascial Manipulation® courses, participants will learn to evaluate musculoskeletal dysfunctions with specific reference to the human fascial system, and to apply the Fascial Manipulation® method as taught by Luigi Stecco, PT. Lectures include the anatomy and physiology of the fascial system, an explanation of the biomechanical model used in application of this technique, and the anatomical localization of key fascial points. Emphasis will be placed on the evaluation of musculoskeletal dysfunctions (from history taking, to a hypothesis, to a verification and treatment) together with a methodology and strategy for treatment.
This course series consists of two levels: FM-1: Level 1 Fascial Manipulation® and FM-2: Level 2 Fascial Manipulation®. Each level is divided into two parts, FM-1a and FM-1b, FM-2a and FM-2b. Successful completion of FM Level 1 is required before being able to attend the FM Level 2 course. Completion of the FM Level 1 does provide clinical proficiency for a wide range of common dysfunctions.
Each level is designed to give participants adequate time (4-6 weeks) to practice the newly acquired assessment and treatment techniques before returning to the second half of the course for fine-tuning of the method.
The Fascial Manipulation® course series is intended for physical therapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, medical doctors, athletic trainers, and other licensed health care practitioners with a good working knowledge of musculoskeletal anatomy, physiology and notions of postural analysis. Massage therapists with a minimum of three years of experience may be eligible but need to contact us at email@example.com prior to registering to review their eligibility. This course series is not suitable for physical therapy assistants.
- Provide an evidence-based anatomical appreciation for the fascia system.
- Describe current research regarding fascia function from anatomical dissections.
- Describe current interventional research that validates this theoretical concept.
- Describe the tri-planar fascial manipulation clinical reasoning method with the standard assessment form.
- Demonstrate proper technique for movement assessment.
- Demonstrate proper technique for palpation verifications.
- Direct treatment toward the appropriate plane of movement.
Upon completion of the course series, participants will be able to:
- Describe key elements of Fascial Manipulation®.
- Understand the anatomic structure of deep fascia in the trunk as well as the upper and lower extremities.
- Describe the Biomechanical Model used in application of Fascial Manipulation®.
- Understand the process of evaluation, treatment and re-evaluation used with Fascial Manipulation®.
- Understand the present literature supporting the Fascial Manipulation® method.
- Describe the concept that link the Fascial Manipulation® method to regional interdependence.
DID YOU KNOW THAT
- Innervated deep fascia influences proprioception and motor control through muscular myotendinous insertions (1-8)
- Studies implicate fascia in myofascial pain, but not its tensile network (8-12).
- Stecco (13,14) developed the Fascial Manipulation® Method, a biomechanical model that reinforces the role of regional interdependence via the assessment of deep fascia (13-18)
- This model utilizes a synthesis of pain patterns, movement assessment and, palpatory tests to assess the myofascial system.
- Fascial Manipulation® method demonstrates and explains fascia’s role in the treatment of pain resulting from the alteration in motor unit recruitment, proprioception, and multisystem interrelationships.
WHY CHOOSE THE FASCIAL MANIPULATION® DIPLOMA?
Attending a 6 day course is a significant investment in time and finance for any busy practitioner.
- Mr. Luigi Stecco and his associates present this competency based diploma program of Level 1 (6 days) Level 2 (6 days) and Level 3 courses around the world (see other courses available in the world). To gain the complete qualification in Facial Manipulation®, successful completion of both Level 1 & 2 is required. Each course is competency based and there is both an oral and written examination.
- The Fascial Manipulation® Association holds an annual conference in which participants and researchers from around the world gather to discuss new findings and treatment directions. Details on the 2015 congress can be found at FascialManipulation.com.
- The founder of Fascial Manipulation® Mr Luigi Stecco and co-researchers, have published extensively.
- In addition to their articles, several textbooks are available, such as
- Stecco, L. 2004. Fascial Manipulation. Piccin, Italy
- Stecco, L & Stecco C. 2009. Fascial Manipulation: Practical Part. Piccin, Italy
- Stecco, C. 2014. Functional Atlas of the Human Fascial System: Churchill Livingston
Visit www.fascialmanipulation.com for more details.